• Do you have a student engaged in innovative research or scholarly activities?
• Have you advised a student who has participated in a powerful study abroad experience?
• Is there a student you know who has done something interesting, exciting, intriguing, or unique?
Please encourage your students to participate in Discovery Day 2013 OR NOMINATE them (http://www.sc.edu/our/discoverydayevent.php).
Discovery Day is a chance for students to share what they have done with peers, faculty, staff, and the public. This annual event for undergraduates from ALL USC campuses showcases students’ scholarly pursuits in and out of the classroom. Students present their experiences or findings from
• research/scholarly projects,
• study abroad,
• leadership experiences,
• service-learning and community service, and
• national fellowship competitions.
Students have the opportunity to make poster, oral, creative, or artistic presentations and visual art displays, including theatrical, musical, or creative writing presentations.
PRIORITY DEADLINE: Friday, March 8, 2013 for students to register a poster or presentation by submitting a mentor-approved abstract on-line at http://www.sc.edu/our/abstracts.php.
The 11th annual Discovery Day will be held Friday, April 26th from 8:30am – 4:30pm in the Russell House, Columbia campus.
For more information or to NOMINATE a student online, visit http://www.sc.edu/our/discovery.shtml.
Discovery Day… A Forum for Student Ingenuity