The Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life and Sorority Council are excited to announce a major change to sorority recruitment for fall 2013! Recruitment activities will now kick off prior to university move in day. Please use the talking points below when talking to incoming students. This information has a major impact on the first year experience, as half of the incoming female students will opt to go through the formal recruitment process.
• Sorority recruitment will now take place prior to university move in day.
• Registration for sorority recruitment will run all summer until August 1st at 5:00 PM. Late registration will not be accepted.
• All women who are registered for recruitment will be able to move in to their residence halls on Wednesday, August 14th. A mandatory orientation for all women participating in sorority recruitment will take place that evening.
• Sorority recruitment will begin with move in and orientation on Wednesday, August 14 and conclude with bid day on Sunday, August 25.
• There will be no recruitment activities on university move-in day (August 17), the day of convocation (August 18), the morning of First Year Reading Experience (August 19), or the first two days of class (August 22-23).