The Office of Undergraduate Research is seeking judges for Discovery Day on Friday, April 26th in the Russell House, Columbia campus. Discovery Day is USC’s annual showcase of student activities ( www.sc.edu/our/discovery.shtml ).
Requirements for judging: willingness to listen and ask questions! Post-docs and graduate students are welcome to judge.
If you are willing to judge, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
* your name,
* time slot availability: morning (~8:30-11:30), afternoon (~12:00-3:00), or no preference
* format preference: poster, oral, creative, or no preference
* your area of expertise/interests OR preferred judging area
1) Creative Presentations: Arts & Humanities (morning and afternoon sessions)
2) Oral presentations (morning and afternoon sessions): broad categories such as humanities, social sciences, public health, science & engineering, and environmental sciences. Judges will hear a variety of presentations that span the associated discipline.
3) Poster sessions (morning and afternoon sessions) generally fall within the following areas:
Art & Humanities
Biology & Biomedical Sciences
Psychology & Neuroscience
Science, Engineering and Computing
Social Sciences, general
Our students are looking forward to showing off their hard work and we greatly appreciate your willingness to be a part of this.