If you’ve ever been interested in sustainable agriculture and it’s role in business, have we got an event for you! This conference will mark Sustainable Carolina’s own “food summit”, with a focus on what is happening with sustainable agriculture in businesses in the Columbia area. Join us for a half day “mini-conference” targeted towards students and the community who are interested in the local competitive environment for sustainable agriculture and/or how to get involved on campus and in Columbia with community food systems. The day will include three breakout sessions with two options — one session presenting from USC and one concurrent session with a community presenter — as well as a light meal and a panel discussion featuring professors and community participants. There will also be time for Sustainable Carolina and our partner organizations to market their own respective offerings for involvement.
Schedule of events for the day is as follows:
- 11:00 am: Greeting and event partner tabling. Panera served.
- 11:30 -11:45 am: Opening remarks
- 12:00 -12:45 pm: Break out session 1
- 1:00 -1:45 pm: Break out session 2 (party trays served from Rosewood Market!)
- 2:00 – 2:30 pm: Break out session 3
- 2:45 – 3:15 pm: Keynote Speeches from panel participants
- 3:15 – 4:00 pm: Panel discussion
- 4:15 pm: Closing
Please help us in promoting this eye-opening event!