Registration Available at: http://www.sa.sc.edu/sldc
The Student Leadership and Diversity Conference (SLDC) is an annual conference held from 9:30 a.m-4:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 1. This year’s theme is Find Your Fit, Unlock Your Future! This one-day regional conference provides an opportunity for faculty, staff, and students to interact with individuals from other schools in the region. SLDC trains and educates student leaders in essential leadership skills, assists them in developing their leadership identity, empowers them to work and lead in a diverse society, and prepares them to create methods to initiate sustainable positive change. Conference highlights include over 25 educational sessions and 2 keynote speakers.
Registration for USC-Columbia students is $20 per student and covers breakfast, lunch, and all other necessary materials for the day. The registration deadline is 4:00 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 24.
Why YOU Should Participate:
• Network with students and advisors throughout the region
• Develop leadership essentials for any role
• Be a part of engaging discussion about maximizing your student leadership experience
• Learn more about working and leading in a diverse society
• Expand your resume by presenting an educational session with a staff or faculty member
SLDC is sponsored by Leadership Programs and the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs at the University of South Carolina, Department of Student Life.