Here’s the scoop:
• You must be a current UofSC student to be eligible to win.
• Do as many of the activities listed and take a picture or video of yourself doing each activity.
• Tweet @SAPEatUofSC your picture/video and use the hashtag #UofSCGoodChoice.
• We will keep track of submissions by your Twitter name.
• Prizes include Gamecock gear and dining gift cards!
• Grand prize includes an ice cream outing with President Pastides and a cruise in his Mini-Cooper!
• Watch an old musical, like “Singing In the Rain”.
• Build a snowman/make a snow angel.
• Update your resume.
• If you are graduating in May, apply to one job. Or a summer internship!
• Instead of spring, have a winter cleaning day!
• Call someone you haven’t talked to in a while and catch up.
• Make paper snowflakes and hang them around your house/residence hall room.
• Stay in your pj’s all day (and study).
• Download the game “Heads Up” on your phone and play with 3 of your friends!
• Look up a student organization you can get involved with this semester.
• Take an online personality test.
• Watch the Winter Olympics.
• Eat breakfast food all day – who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner!?
• Have a dance party – playing Just Dance totally counts!
FUN WITH FRIENDS
• Play Apples to Apples (or another board game) with friends or your residence hall. Check your residence office for the games.
• Host a study group in your residence hall or apartment.
• Have a FIFA/Super Smash/Madden game night with your friends.
• Pick a movie that a professor mentioned to you, watch it with all of your friends, and feel scholarly (tea and beret optional).
• Make a dinner from scratch for yourself and at least 3 of your friends.
• Have a sleepover with your friends, share your feelings, and include a dramatic reading of Divergent.
• Play Mafia (or try double Mafia) with a bunch of friends.
• Have a horror movie marathon and sleepover (because you’ll be too scared to go home).
• Catch up on your favorite TV series on Netflix.
• Write someone a “thinking about you” card to send in the mail, just because!
• Write a poem.
• Write out ten things that make you happy – then do one of them.
• Watch your favorite Disney movie, and remember the good ole days.
• Start a journal. You’ll be happy one day when you forget what it was like to be a kid.
• Watch a TED talk and be inspired. Try Meg Jay, author of “The Defining Decade,” and then come see her speak on campus on March 4th.
• Try baking a new cupcake or cookie recipe that you found on Pinterest! Include the Pinterest picture and your creation.
• Find a cozy couch or chair and start a new book!
• Grab a cup of coffee or tea from Cool Beans/College Grounds with a friend and talk about life, politics and the weather. They are OPEN in the winter weather!
•Get some delicious waffle fries from Chick-fil-A in Russell House! Or a burger from Fresh Burger. Or both. Open 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Make a food run with your study group to Grand Market Place! Open 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Have hot chocolate on the Horseshoe.
• Eat at Beezer’s or Tio’s on Sumter St.
• Take a picture by your favorite spot on campus covered in ice!
• Take a picture of Gamecock tail feathers somewhere on campus.
• Have dinner in the Grand Market Place, open till 9 p.m.
• Go see “Pitch Perfect” at 12 p.m., “The Hangover” at 3 p.m., “Last Vegas” at 6 p.m. or “Gravity” at 9 p.m. in Russell House theater. Don’t forget to grab some free popcorn!
• Play a game of pool 12-6 p.m. in the Golden Spur game room in Russell House.
FITNESS at Strom Thurmond Wellness & Fitness Center
• Try a brand new workout routine.
• Take on a stranger in ping pong or racquetball.
• Swim a few laps at the indoor pool.
• Play knockout or a pick-up game of basketball.
• Challenge a friend to see who can do the most pushups in one minute!