Student Health Services is seeing an increased number of confirmed flu cases at the health center and is asking everyone to follow these important flu prevention practices:
· Get the flu vaccine. We have them at the health center, and they are FREE for students.
· FREQUENTLY WASH YOUR HANDS with warm, soapy water, especially after touching surfaces.
· Clean and disinfect surfaces or objects often.
· Use hand wipes and sanitizers.
· Cough and sneeze into your sleeve.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
· Stay home if you are sick, and stay away from people who are sick.
· Get 7-9 hours of sleep per night.
· Drink lots of water and eat fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
· Stay active and exercise.
Students who have flu symptoms should make an appointment to see a General Medicine Center provider online at sc.edu/myhealthspace or call 803-777-3175.
For more information about the flu, please visit sa.sc.edu/shs/flu.